It’s September and I can post about Fall now…right? I know, it doesn’t officially start until the 22nd, but football and school are here so that’s enough for me. I have been a crafting machine this last week preparing for 3 Fabric Garland Make n Takes and doing mockups for new ones.
One of the first crafts I’m going to share are these super cute coasters the kids & I are making using Mary & Martha’s washable, reusable cocktail napkins. These beautiful napkins feature lettering by Mary & Martha partner Lindsay Letters.
These coasters are great for gifts (friends, teachers, etc.) I was able to get 10 bundles of 4 out of one roll!! The tiles were .16 each at Home Depot, the Cork Roll $3.49 at Michaels (+ a coupon!)
Here is what you need:
- Modge Podge
- Cork Roll
- Sponge brush or paint brush
- Craft glue
- Clear acrylic polyurethane or spray
- Mary & Martha Give Thanks or Adore Him Cocktail Napkins
- 4″ x 4″ (actual size 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″) ceramic tiles – gloss, matte, or flat
- Trim the cocktail napkins on all sides so that half of the binding on the edges remains. The picture above shows the original size of the napkin on the roll and the napkin cut down and laying on the tile.
(Side note: I tried to trim it so the the edges were rough but it was too “messy” for my taste.)
2. Brush a thin layer of Modge Podge directly to the tile. Lay the napkin on top of the tile/Modge Podge.
3. Brush another layer of thin Modge Podge right on top of the napkin, covering the entire surface. The image will appear cloudy. Don’t worry!
4. Wait 20 minutes or until the image is clear again (most dry) to apply a second thin layer. Repeat for a third layer. Allow to dry for 24 hours.
5. Cut cork roll in squares approx. 1/4″ shorter in either direction than the size of the tile. Adhere with glue or hot glue gun.
6. Spray or brush with clear acrylic to seal. (Optional but recommended)
Please comment below with any questions. Shop for these napkins & more here! https://www.mymaryandmartha.com/JESSICABALSOM/shop/CATALOG.aspx
Happy Fall!! <3 Jessica