Ets(y) Wednesday: Little Flower Linen (+ Giveaway)
September 1, 2011 by Jessica
“What matters in life is not great deeds, but great love.”
–St. Therese of Lisieux
I LOVE the above quote found on the profile of this week’s Ets(y) Wednesday feature shop. Little Flower Linen is a Pittsburgh based shop creating stunningly simple and beautiful home decor items created primarily of linen and burlap. Leanne’s ingenious touches of vintage lace, ruffles, and sometimes buttons bring a certain softness to these otherwise tougher materials. Leanne sums it up perfectly as she describes her shop below:
1. When did you first learn to sew and who taught you?
I first learned the basics from my mom when I was about 12. In high school, I started doing alterations and making simple clothes for myself. It wasn’t until my husband and I bought our first home that I really got into home dec–and found my niche. I wanted our home to be cozy and sophisticated, but I couldn’t find the right pieces for what I was envisioning–so I started making them myself!
2. What is your favorite part of Pittsburgh?
The beautiful views (really!)
3. If you could describe the style of your shop in three or four words what would they be?
I would love for Emily Henderson from Secrets From a Stylist to give me a snazzy little description to perfectly sum my style because I can’t do it myself! I love the soul of shabby chic and farmhouse design, but I also like things to be tailored and clean. I can’t handle too much chipping paint and fraying fabric! I guess I see my shop as somewhere between “feminine rustic” and “sophisticated cottage.”
4. Are you working on any new and exciting products?
Always! I’m perpetually working on new pillows and I’m still rolling out more styles of burlap & vintage lace table runners. I’m also coming out with a line of linen & lace aprons soon.
Thank you, Leanne for a little insight into your shop!
BUT WAIT! Leanne has been gracious enough to offer a $25 gift certificate to one of our lucky readers! All you have to do is:
1. Visit Little Flower Linen on Etsy and tell us which of her items is your favorite below.
2. Follow The Paper Plume blog (to the left). If you already do, just let us know below.
Please tell us you did both in (1) comment below.
1. Like The Paper Plume on Facebook. If you already do, please let us know below in a separate comment.
2. Follow The Paper Plume on Twitter. If you already do, please let us know below in a separate comment.
3. Visit The Paper Plume on Etsy and tell us your favorite listing in a separate comment below.
4. Follow The Paper Plume on Pinterest and tell let us know below.
We will randomly select the winner Tuesday night at midnight and announce the winner next Ets(y) Wednesday, September 7th. Good luck!